Rules of applying
Here you will see the rules that apply when you search for housing.
Who can stay with us?
Anyone who meets the Rental Policy criteria can sign an agreement with us. The main conditions are that you must be at least 18 years old and a student at Linköping University, plus you must have an acceptable income and no rent-related debts.
You need to study at least 11 credits per semester at Linköpings University to be able to hold a contract with us.
Signing a lease come with a certain rights and obligations. Our goal is for all tenants to feel well-being and safe in their home at Studentbostäder.
The Rental Policy states:
Studentbostäder offers rental agreements for student accommodations primarily for students at undergraduate level at Linköping University. Undergraduate level is defined as university studies up to and including a Master’s degree.
- In order to sign and retain a rental agreement for a student accommodation, the student is required to present documentation proving that he/she is an active student at Linköping University with a study rate of at least 11 credits per semester. When a rental agreement is signed, you as a newly admitted student must prove your studies with an admission letter. Controls are carried out to make sure that the study pace is met. The residences are rented out as temporary transit housing for a maximum of five (5) years and up to and including master’s level. Controls are carried out to check that the maximum residence time is not exceeded.
- The prospective tenant must 18 years of age or older when the rental agreement is signed.
- The prospective tenant must have the means to pay the rent on the accommodation applied for. If the financial status of the student is unknown, a credit check will be carried out.
- If the prospective tenant has one or more payment defaults or debts which may affect the ability to pay the rent, the prospective tenant may be refused a rental agreement with Studentbostäder. If the requirement for an acceptable income cannot be fulfilled, the prospective tenant may still be awarded a rental agreement with Studentbostäder if there is an approved guarantor or other rental guarantee in place. An individual assessment is made on a case-by-case basis.
- All debts to Studentbostäder and any other landlord must be settled.
- Previous tenancies must have been free from complaints of disturbance.
- All student accommodation rental agreements are for a 10-month billing period, which means no payment is required in the months of June and July. To be entitled to a 10-month billing period, the rental agreement must take effect on or before 1 May and the full rent for the month of May has to be paid. This applies not only to accommodation, but also to parking spaces and storage areas.
- The number of people living in a corridor room (room with shared kitchen) must not exceed one (1) person. The number of people living in an apartment must not exceed two (2) people per bedroom. One adult can be replaced by a maximum of two (2) children.
- It is the responsibility of the tenant to ensure there is a current home insurance policy in place.
- Housing checks are carried out by Studentbostäder to ensure that tenants fulfil the requirement of being an active student at Linköping University.
- Studentbostäder reserves the right to select its tenants.