Congratulations on your new home! As a new student, there can be a lot of things to think about.
Here are the most important things to remember when moving in with us at Studentbostäder
Picking up the keys
Picking up keys on the move-in date
- The keys can be picked up at Stångåstaden office (Tornbyvägen 1F) on move-in day after 12.00 p.m. If you’re move-in date is on a holiday, you can pick up the keys the next weekday after 12.00 p.m.
- The staff at Stångåstadens office is mainly handling errands regarding picking up and returning keys. Kindly contact us for other questions.
Picking up the keys after the move-in date
- You can pick up the keys at a later time if you wish.
- One key can be picked up from the tenant moving out, and the other must first be handed in to our office so that we can see that all keys are accounted for. This method does pose a small risk to you. If it turns out that the key you received directly from the old tenant is a copy, you will be required to pay a relatively expensive charge to change the locks. Therefore, the safest thing to do is to ask the former tenant to turn in both keys to us.
- If you send someone else to collect your keys, that person must have his or her own identification and written authorisation from you. You find the form on My pages.
Parking permit at move-in
When moving in, it may be useful to park at the gate or inside the yard. You will need a parking permit for this, which you can pick up from [hg] in Ryd. However, the permit does not apply to parking spaces in the area with a fee for visitors or parking slots on a rental fee.
Please note that [hg] is closed during the summer period of June 10 until August 8 of 2022. If you need a permit during this period, kindly pick one up when you are collecting your keys or contact your Customer Manager.
Check that your home has been cleaned
When you move in, your home should have been properly cleaned by the former tenant. If this has not been done, or the cleaning has been done poorly, please contact us directly, and we will perform a cleaning inspection. If we think the apartment has not been properly cleaned, we will hire a cleaning company and charge the previous tenant for all costs. Remember to contact us on the day you pick up the keys and before you have moved in all of your stuff!
Finding things in the area
On My Pages, under My home, you will find detailed information about your housing area, including a map, where the laundry room is located and important phone numbers.
Change of address
When you move in, it is important to submit a move notification to Swedish Tax Agency in order for mail from public agencies and utilities to arrive at your new address. You must submit a change of address notification, for example, to insurance companies, banks, associations and friends.
As a student you need your own home insurance to protect your home and your possessions. Länsförsäkringar Östgöta and Studentbostäder have collaborated to offer you 20% off your home insurance.
Learn more about the service from Länsförsäkringar Östgöta.
Download our app
In our app, Studentbostäders boendeapp, you can easily book a laundry room, communal rooms, chat with us and pay the rent with Swish if you have a Swedish Bank-ID.
Yes, there should be two original keys for each apartment. You can collect one key from the departing tenant, but the second key must first be handed in at our office so we can check that all the keys are present.
There is a small risk for you in doing things this way. If it turns out that the key you get from the departing tenant is a copy, you will have to pay the relatively high cost of replacing the lock. It may therefore be safest to ask the departing tenant to leave both keys with us.
Yes, but only if the agreement is signed and the person collecting your keys can show authorization from you.
Here you will find the authorisation form for collecting keys:
If your moving in date is on a weekend or on a public holiday, you are able to collect your keys after 12.00 noon on the next working day. E.g. you are supposed to move in on Monday May 1 according to your contract, but that day is a public holiday in Sweden, so your moving in day will be pushed forward to Tuesday May 2 if that is a working day. This applies if you are moving out as well. You do not need to return your keys until 12.00 noon on May 2, according to the example above.